Build a career with us
Our current team is cohesive despite being from different backgrounds, skill-sets and experiences. However, we work towards a common goal of making a difference to the world by promoting renewable sources of energy – join us if you too want to be part of this endeavour and have the passion to challenge the norms.
Irrespective of your skill sets and chosen path for a career in this realm, Start Solar will offer you the opportunity to develop and grow by challenging you at every step. Our policies and strategies ensure that each person’s goals are aligned to the overall goals of the company, making success almost certain. Everyone in the company works as a cohesive unit held together by the values and culture of the company that are governed by our code of conduct.
This ‘code’ guides our actions, strengthens our ability to keep growing and serving our customers and we aim to become ultimately the leader among energy companies. Our customers are our priority and by building a committed team, we hope to help our customers and our people succeed. This is what Start Solar is all about and if you believe this is the kind of company you would like to work with we would be happy to discuss an interesting career.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and respect diversity. We recruit, train and promote persons across the organization irrespective of race, colour, religion, sex and sexual orientation, age, origin and other differences. This is probably the top reason for the success of our company. If our passion excites you too, please get in touch with us today.
Admin/Receptionist Job Description
We are looking for a full time Admin/Receptionist for our organization to handle the reception and administer the solar installation process. The candidate would be responsible for all communications, both written and verbal, with the internal and external stakeholders.
- Be the point of contact for the customer and hand hold him till and after the solar installation is completed
- Have complete focus and understanding of the solar process and have a philosophy of “What is not documented, is not done”
- Should understand the key tasks and the importance to finish them within required timelines
Q. What will you be spending most of your time on?
A. Start Solar has an in-house solar software in which all tasks are performed. Extensive training will be provided by us.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer and manage the incoming calls
- Manage attendance of employees
- Stay connected with customers to get additional information, if required
- Book solar installations for customers
- Knowledge about pre-installation requirements like distributor pre-approval etc
- Basic troubleshooting for customers over phone
- Communicate effectively with the sales and management teams
- Should be aware of Grid connection application process
- Balance payment chase up from customers, finance companies and Solar Victoria
- Chasing installation paperwork from installers
- Coordinating with internal departments like accounts, STC, installation for managing internal processes related to solar
- Other process related activities that might get added in due course of time Desired characteristics
- Positive and professional attitude
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently
- Reliable, punctual, and disciplined
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure during busy season
- Computer savvy
- Experience & fluency in using business applications and software
- Have a friendly personality and an effective team member
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least one year experience in similar job role
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and effective written and verbal communication skills. Strong listening skills and ability to be emphatic to customer needs while always maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment handling a large volume of queries (email/calls)
- Ability to work under pressure, remain calm, objective and controlled in responding to urgent or demanding situations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, finding online applications to fulfil different tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle conflict
- Seeks out job challenges and opportunities to constantly improve skills